Hosting the statewide GA – August ?
needing an overnight possible Fri, Sat, Sun…Opt. to talk with UNCW and CFCC/Hotels
Option- camp downtown / under the bridge
Ron is going to check with CFCC as he is an alumni
Thurs- Ron to meet with Central Labor – ILA
Possible site for mtg – Landfall Library on Saturday
Discussed – Democratic party …Sept 3-6 conv.
( Charlotte – Coalition to march on Wall St south – Wk before)
Paypal – set up ….Ron
Groups set-up ….Working groups …Shelby
OWNC Outreach working group
OWNC De-escalation working group
OWNC creativity working group
(Ron commented that David Paul is friend and owns Paul’s Place hot dogs if we choose to use them..as option )
scheduled for 6/10/2012 Sunday
to meet at the Old Bailey’s theatre downtown from 3-5pm..walk will start at 6pm
Shelby, Nikita signed up..Nikita gave donation of $10.00 to TR Nunley at potluck
Since our website front page was updated a couple days ago we received about 2,000 hits. We suggest more creativity in writing and graphics to be displayed on our website. If you really want the world to change come to our GA’s.
- april 17th tax day protest
- not enough people are active for our may day protest
- an unnamed group is interested in reaching out to occupy Wilmington to help against foreclosure fraud.
- Information Tech: Since our website front page was updated a couple days ago we received about 2,000 hits. We suggest more creativity in writing and graphics to be displayed on our website.
- Round Table Discussion on our Website and Facebook presence.
- facebook vs website debrief in our website forum.
A fundraiser for Anti-Foreclosure activity in Raleigh was tabled for discussion to be voted on in a future GA. A NC Against Corporate Power meeting will be held on the 4/21 in Charlotte to plan for May 6-9th actions of protest. Stategizing on our internet presence was discussed.
- May Day protest
- 4.21.12 NC Against Corporate power GA
- May 6-9 Bank of America protest
- 4.17.12 Tax day protest
- Foreclosure activity in Raleigh-donations
- Corporate personhood FB proposal by Beau DeRosa
- Dis Gust-FB post re OWS frames
- FB v. Website debrief
- Farmers market open
- Donations for Raleigh foreclosure event
- Todd Warren represented NC protest against corporate powers
Planning for May Day protests will begin so login or register in our website forum. (link can be found in the nav bar across the top of this screen)
Attendance: Desiree, Jerome, Star, Denny, Ron & Peter
- Corporate Personhood-Peter
- Voter Suppression-Peter
- Met with a council member, unable to recruit.
- May Day Action-FB signups
- Gas Prices
- Occupy Solutions
- Ending Corporate personhood
- Stoping Voter suppression
Post discussion for Occupy outreach strategies
Post petition drive on FB to get secret money out of politics.
- General strikes(Nationwide)
No facilitator, Peter scribe.
This was a very insightful GA. We addressed the fact that members were dropping out of OWNC and some were posting very critical attacks on their way out the door.
We discussed the need to consider whether we were relevant as a movement and the issues that we were promoting.
Other items discussed:
99% vs 1%
Issues promoted by other occupiers
Taxing the rich
Posting positive topics
Republican wars on women, blacks, gays, immigrants
The need to attack ideas and not people
Review FB observation at next GA
Open invitation for supporters to attend GA