Sheree- Foreclosure court on 6/7/2012
Ron to meet with Jason Rosen (Central Labor) on Friday 6/8/2012
Peter – made a post referring to Statewide GA thinking a FB page would be more effective.
1) Committe report check on paypal & contribute…
Ron has paypal set up..need everyone to start to contribute
2)Corporate personhood -
Trying to get city council in raleigh to pass personhood.
Wisconsin has 63 million gave to Democrats/ 3.5 million to republicans.
67% came from out of state.
Americans for Prosperity
Florida & Texas – Florida is trying to verify signatures
NC – trying to pass a voter Id Bill
Check into being reimbursed from the Protest in Charlotte BOA
Wes Hudson has an ebook – How to sue your lender.
Wave Transit protest ….
Hearing is set for June 26th @ city Hall from 8-5pm…They are trying to do away with all city service on sundays beginning Aug. 1, 2012..as well as all free Trolley service.
Corporate money in politics – Resolution
Peter – to follow up Ending Corporatehood/personhood
money is speech- City is to do a resolution
Constitution Ammendment – Disclosure
Hosting the statewide GA – August ?
needing an overnight possible Fri, Sat, Sun…Opt. to talk with UNCW and CFCC/Hotels
Option- camp downtown / under the bridge
Ron is going to check with CFCC as he is an alumni
Thurs- Ron to meet with Central Labor – ILA
Possible site for mtg – Landfall Library on Saturday
Discussed – Democratic party …Sept 3-6 conv.
( Charlotte – Coalition to march on Wall St south – Wk before)
Paypal – set up ….Ron
Groups set-up ….Working groups …Shelby
OWNC Outreach working group
OWNC De-escalation working group
OWNC creativity working group
(Ron commented that David Paul is friend and owns Paul’s Place hot dogs if we choose to use them..as option )
scheduled for 6/10/2012 Sunday
to meet at the Old Bailey’s theatre downtown from 3-5pm..walk will start at 6pm
Shelby, Nikita signed up..Nikita gave donation of $10.00 to TR Nunley at potluck
Since our website front page was updated a couple days ago we received about 2,000 hits. We suggest more creativity in writing and graphics to be displayed on our website. If you really want the world to change come to our GA’s.
- april 17th tax day protest
- not enough people are active for our may day protest
- an unnamed group is interested in reaching out to occupy Wilmington to help against foreclosure fraud.
- Information Tech: Since our website front page was updated a couple days ago we received about 2,000 hits. We suggest more creativity in writing and graphics to be displayed on our website.
- Round Table Discussion on our Website and Facebook presence.
- facebook vs website debrief in our website forum.
A fundraiser for Anti-Foreclosure activity in Raleigh was tabled for discussion to be voted on in a future GA. A NC Against Corporate Power meeting will be held on the 4/21 in Charlotte to plan for May 6-9th actions of protest. Stategizing on our internet presence was discussed.
- May Day protest
- 4.21.12 NC Against Corporate power GA
- May 6-9 Bank of America protest
- 4.17.12 Tax day protest
- Foreclosure activity in Raleigh-donations
- Corporate personhood FB proposal by Beau DeRosa
- Dis Gust-FB post re OWS frames
- FB v. Website debrief
- Farmers market open
- Donations for Raleigh foreclosure event
- Todd Warren represented NC protest against corporate powers
Planning for May Day protests will begin so login or register in our website forum. (link can be found in the nav bar across the top of this screen)
Attendance: Desiree, Jerome, Star, Denny, Ron & Peter
- Corporate Personhood-Peter
- Voter Suppression-Peter
- Met with a council member, unable to recruit.
- May Day Action-FB signups
- Gas Prices
- Occupy Solutions
- Ending Corporate personhood
- Stoping Voter suppression
Post discussion for Occupy outreach strategies
Post petition drive on FB to get secret money out of politics.
- General strikes(Nationwide)