Notes are arranged in descending order.

  • G.A. Notes 4/19/2014

    Attended: Brad, Robert, Denny, Ron, Ed, Jeff, Erin, Desire, Star. Topics of interest: -May Day event planing -GA LOCATION CHANGE FROM THE JUGGLING GYPSY TO CITY HALL -Future direction of Wilmington Occupy -Coordination between Cape Fear Equality and Occupy Wilmington -Live stream -Return to formal G.A. structure? -Fliers -Mobile camp vehicle -Voter suppression -Corporate person hood -Health Care Exchange -School reform -Voting out the bums in office -Labor movement history -Working ...

  • GA Notes 4/12/14

    Attendance: Star Rob Brad Aliaka Desire Ron Topics of interest: May Day – march, meetup Voter suppression Affordable Healthcare BLM vs Navada rancher Wilmington city Laws – Protests..what  is legal/illegal? New volunteers for Street Team – Brad, Desire, Aliaka Occupy Monsanto – May 24, 2014 Documentary Night at the Juggling Gypsy *Available nights: Thur, 17 Sat. 19, Thur 24 @5pm Page admins: Who is still active? Fundraising opportunities – Desire Corporate Personhood QR codes for website- Ron Choose a topic to ...

  • GA notes 12/18/2012

    Attendance: Keenen, Peter, Jerome, Nikita, Ron Agenda 21, legalization of pot, medical research, Wealth & Wellness, private prisons, population Obama may overturn legal marijuana efforts – a petition has been started legalize on the federal level. Bank of America – break it up Pardon the Wilmington 10 delivered 14,000 signatures to gov Bev Perdue anti-corporate personhood amendment submitted to We ...

  • G.A.Meeting 12/8/12 Port City Java

    G.A.Meeting 12/8/12 Port City Java Attendance Peter Keenen Nikita Ron Jerome Old Business/New Buisness Discussed Agenda 21 Legalization of Marijuana- Making a Pot group page (Medical Research,Health & wellness, Prisons, Population) Obama trying to overturn the Legalization of Maijuana in Washington and Colorado Bank Of America- Break up the banks Wilmimgton 10- Delivered 14,000 signatures to Gov. Beverly Perdue Corporate Personhood- Keenen petition www.whitehouse.gov Voter supression – Peter is keeping ...

  • G.A. Meeting Sat. Nov.17, 2012

    G.A. Meeting Sat. Nov.17, 2012 PortCity Java-Front St. (DWNTWN)   Attendance:   Peter Jerome Ron Jennifer Nikita Robert Gregory     OLD/NEW BUSINESS:   Personhood Amend.- cont’. Legalize Marijuana- Peter filed Petition, posted to Facebook Page, start discussion Voter Suppression Wilmington 10- Start of Petition drive Alec- Maj. issue model legislature ( Prison, Stadium) Voter Registration     Legalize Marijuana- Legalize, setup treatment programs, economic issue comprehensive – discrimination Value Suppt.Self NAACP- pres. to help support legalization Peter – started ...

  • G.A. Meeting Sat-Nov.10,2012

    G.A. Meeting Sat-Nov.10,2012 Fat Tony’s   Attendance: Ron Star Nikita Jennifer Sheree Jarrod Keenen   OLD/NEW BUSINESS:   Getting close to the end of the year- Stand up to Tea Party- It maybe neccessary to go to DC by the end of the year.   CAll to Action- ZAP ACTIONS: Look at election results Poss. Pickett Tom Goolsby Mic Checks- Rep/Dem functions   Montanna passed Corp. Personhood Ron is to call to get ...

  • GA Notes 8/1/12

    Attendance: Shelby Jerome Nikita Megan Peter Keenen Announcements: Food not Bombs- in SEAC Bldg does the community garden 350.org Have a Training Sat. there OLD/NEW BUSINESS: Keenen- Propose to organize an event C.U. – Corporate personhood Move to amend – no awareness Peter- Author wrote a book on CU – what to do locally? Keenen- suggest talk to Ron (DIS-GUST) to do teach in Ron knows what will work for ...

  • GA Notes 7/14

    Attendance: Peter Star Ron Shelby Nikita Gary ( OWS- here until August 1) Jerome Stan   Announcements: Ron contacted Paul about hot dogs. Will do Hot dogs either way, with steamer. Frack No event was Thurs. Approx. 10 people showed, a lot of people did not know what Fracking was. Nationwide Insurance not insuring anyone for fracking.   OLD/NEW Business: OWNC numbers are down. Potluck is the most active thing ...

  • G.A. Notes 6/30/12

    Attendance: Peter Shelby Nikita Jerome Keenen Alle – (Occupy Cleveland) Star Announcements: Attended wave Hearing- Peter, Keenen, Jerome Star news wrote an article, they are not cutting out Sunday service, possibly charging a fee for free trolly service. Board member Mr. Barfield not voting for cutting out Sunday service. Federal Election Committee- Keenen , Ethan Executive Order on publicly financed elections – President has no jurisdiction – ...

  • GA Notes 06-16-2012

    G.A. Meeting By Desire Powell-Willey in OCCUPY WILMINGTON NC · Edit Doc · Delete Attendance:   Star Keenen Jerome Peter Ron Nikita Sheree Shelby Dick Announcements:   Homeless woman Betty died @ Greenfield Lake Park of natural causes, she attended our Potluck last month.  Citizens united- Keenen public fiance elections universal voter registration.  Wave Transit- protest date change due to correct info. Protest event scheduled for Tues. June 19th 5:30pm – 7:30pm ...

  • G.A. Meeting 6/13/12

    G.A. Meeting 6/13/12 By Nikita Najawati in OCCUPY WILMINGTON NC DISCUSSION GROUP Attendance: Ron Peter Shelby Keenen Nikita Jerome Announcements: Peter met with UNCW they do have rooms avail. However It has been decided that OWNC will not be hosting the statewide GA. Charlotte/ Ashville Occupy’s main concern was having a 7 1/2 – 8 hr drive. It would require a 2 night stay. Keenen went to Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston Salem for ...

  • GA Notes 06-09-2012

    Attendance Sheree Ron Shelby Nikita Jerome Announcements Post poned the Mtg with Jason Rosen from Central Labor. They will meet next week. Jerome court Monday-Needs more time to pay fees- $200 TR was here at the Park from 11-3 for Pride Mtg. Sun 6/10312 Pride walk downtown meeting @ OldBaileys Theatre from 3-5 Start Walk @5pm Occupy – The Drag @ The Toolbox on Burnett St. ...

  • GA Notes 06-06-2012

    Attendance Ron Jerome Nikita Shelby Sheree Peter Star Announcements Sheree- Foreclosure court on 6/7/2012 Ron to meet with Jason Rosen (Central Labor) on Friday 6/8/2012 Peter – made a post referring to Statewide GA thinking a FB page would be more effective. Reports 1) Committe report check on paypal & contribute… Ron has paypal set up..need everyone to start to contribute 2)Corporate personhood - Trying to get city council in raleigh ...

  • GA Notes 05-31-2012

    Attending Peter Ron Jennifer Shelby Nikita Jerome Sherry Keenen Announcements Hosting the statewide GA – August ? needing an overnight possible Fri, Sat, Sun…Opt. to talk with UNCW and CFCC/Hotels Option- camp downtown / under the bridge Ron is going to check with CFCC as he is an alumni Thurs- Ron to meet with Central Labor – ILA Possible site for mtg – Landfall Library on Saturday Discussed – Democratic party ...

  • GA Notes 4/14

    Since our website front page was updated a couple days ago we received about 2,000 hits. We suggest more creativity in writing and graphics to be displayed on our website. If you really want the world to change come to our GA’s. Announcements: april 17th tax day protest not enough people are active for our may day protest an ...

  • GA Notes 4/11

    A fundraiser for Anti-Foreclosure activity in Raleigh was tabled for discussion to be voted on in a future GA. A NC Against Corporate Power meeting will be held on the 4/21 in Charlotte to plan for May 6-9th actions of protest. Stategizing on our internet presence was discussed. Announcements: May Day protest 4.21.12 NC Against Corporate power GA May ...

  • GA Notes 3/21

    Planning for May Day protests will begin so login or register in our website forum. (link can be found in the nav bar across the top of this screen) Attendance: Desiree, Jerome, Star, Denny, Ron & Peter Announcements: None Committee Reports: Corporate Personhood-Peter Voter Suppression-Peter Met with a council member, unable to recruit. Finance:-Ron Balance $721.61 Old Business: May Day Action-FB signups New Business: Gas Prices WOW Occupy Solutions Questions ...

  • GA Notes 03-17-2012

    No facilitator, Peter scribe. This was a very insightful GA. We addressed the fact that members were dropping out of OWNC and some were posting very critical attacks on their way out the door. We discussed the need to consider whether we were relevant as a movement and the issues that we were promoting. Core issues: Voter suppression Corporate personhood Foreclosure ...

  • GA Notes 03-14-2012

    Met at City Hall: Ron facilitated, Peter scribed. Announcements: May Day demonstrations need FB sign ups. Committee Reports: Finance: Treasury balance to be posted in GA Notes. Old Business: Discussion of Work On Wilmington 4.21.12 Discussed the fact that decisions are made at GA and persons with action items should present them at GA. New Business: A motion was passed to support the demonstration against ...

  • GA Notes 03-10-2012

    Occupy GA met at 5:00 Saturday at Greenfield Park. Denny Best facilitated and Peter Grear served as scribe. Please message any corrections to Peter. Star announced our May picketing project and asked for volunteers to our FB picketing workgroup. Under Committee Reports: Peter announced follow up contacts designed to garner support for our Corporate Personhood Resolution for Wilmington City ...

  • FEBRUARY 18, 2012 – 3:00 PM GA NOTES

    OCCUPY WILMINGTON NC: GENERAL ASEEMBLY MEETING: GREENFIELD PARK: FEBRUARY 18, 2012 – 3:00 PM MEETING STARTED AT APPROXIMATELY 3:15 PM. FACILITATOR: DENNY ANNOUNCEMENTS: RON: PRESS RELEASES GOING OUT – SUBJ: MEETING OF THE WILMINGTON CITY COUNCIL ON TUESDAY, FEB. ...

  • GA Notes 2/4

    Announcements: the port action has been moved to march 2nd ordinances by petition. writing a homeless bill of rights. CELDF organization is helping us write the petitions. statewide GA is meeting feb 25th in Raleigh, however, events are planned for the 24th through the 26th. Visit http://occupiedncga.wordpress.com/ statewide event in raleigh hk on j on feb 11th. Visit http://www.hkonj.com/ feb ...

  • Freedom of Assembly Challenged at City Hall

    There are ordinances on the books all across “the land of the free” which can be used to selectively exclude acts of protest against the exploits of Wall Street and the monetary control it exerts over our government. Part II ,Chapter 6 ,Article I,Section 6-4 of the Wilmington, N.C. Code of Ordinances states: “It shall be ...

  • GA Notes 1/29/2012

    GA notes 1/29/2012 by Brian Cox Announcements: • February 18th 2012- Statewide General Assembly to be held in Raleigh, North Carolina on February 18, 2012 with events at the State Legislature, State Capitol and Moore’s Park. Camping and possible housing will be available and meals will be provided by Occupy Raleigh. There will be various picketing demonstrations ...

  • GA Notes 1/27

    Facilitator: Brian Cox Scribe: Keenen Announcements: Denny goes to Occupy Raleigh tomorrow for a statewide GA planning meeting. Roxanne is working on an ordinance to petition. We need 25% of the number who voted in the last election to submit an ordinance. Group in PA helps draft petitions for city bill of rights. Would like to do a handfull ...

  • The Proposal for UNITY between the G.A’s via Facebook

    The Proposal for UNITY between the G.A’s via Facebook 1 The proposal is that each occupation pick 5 individuals via there G.A’s approval to participate on a facebook group page called Occupy Solutions NC. 2 The 5′s main objective is to relay Factual / Credible / Up to Date information to the other G.A’s who are on ...

  • GA Notes 1/25

    Facilitator: Peter Grear Scribe: Keenen Stacker: Ethan Committee Reports Finance: We have got all the money from WePay. Ron is interested in finding a different service. ?amount? Corporate Personhood: Still working on an overview. Suggested to model after Move To Amend. Ron is assembling a list of city council members in Brunswick and New Hanover counties. In order to speak in front of city ...

  • GA Notes 01-15-2012

    Peter facilitator Denny scribe Announcements: Ethan needs help with the port action. Ethan talked about the Occupy Raleigh events next Friday through Sunday which are situated around the Citizens United case and their 100 days of being a group. Denny said everything is good for the parade tomorrow. New business: Peter brought a proposal from Roberta to do a funeral march from ...

  • GA Notes 12-11-12

    Roxanne facilitated with help from the group Announcements - Two nice new signs were on display – one showing GA times for the group and one for Roxanne’s “Three Big Wins” project. There will be no GA next Friday – instead we will be trying to have a Roundtable discussing whatever anyone wants to discuss, but limiting people ...

  • GA Notes 12/07/2011

    Roxanne was Facilitator Louise was scribe ANNOUNCEMENTS: Benefit Concert and ARt Auction for OWNC at Projekte Gallery – at 6:00 on Friday, 12/09/11. Projekte is on the corner of 3rd and Castle. A good description of the music and the event itself can be found on the FB page for Projekte: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projekte/128812127139740#!/events/166247920140007/ Proposal – that ...

  • GA Notes 12-04-11

    The meeting was preceded by an announcement from Roxanne concerning De-escalation Team attempts to resolve a disagreement between Jane Doe and John Doe. John Doe would, it was announced, appear to present his own side of the story and answer questions after the GA at 4:30 . Denny facilitated with assistance from ...

  • GA notes wed Nov 30th

    GA notes wed Nov 30th Announcements There is a party at treys house noon until. If you drink you can stay or pitch a tent by the fire. Joe investigated OWS regarding the national GA. He found it seemed legit, but could not find exactly in the OWSGA notes were the proposal to have a national GA passed. ...

  • GA Notes 11/27

    GA NOTES SUN. 11/27 Facilitator: Trey Scribe: Linda/MK Stack: Ethan Timekeeper: Denny Vibes: ?? Announcements: Demonstration Thurs. 4-6 p.m. @ Monkey Junction. Gather near BurgerKing. Sign-making workshop Tues. @ SEEAC, 6 pm Occupy Wilmington Benefit Concert & Art Auction, 12/9, 6 p.m. at Projekte Gallery, 523 S. 3rd St. Artists still needed for the event. Contact Sarah Reaves. Please contact all your ...

  • THE PLAN Nov 17th

    Sheriff order was delivered, with the officer saying that this order came “straight from the top”: We are welcome to protest. We cannot have tents, Chairs, Tables, Or other “furniture”. We cannot “deface” sidewalks. We are welcome to picket at long as the permit serves us, But an encampment is not welcome. We have till tomorrow to clear out. I told LT. Perkins I would ...

  • 11/16/11 GA notes

    MK facilitated-We’ve been having the GA then splitting into working groups Announcements-Sean:We’re going to have a windy night with thunderstorms. Bunkering down! Broken down welcome table, getting stuff into bins. Moving tents closer to the building, within limits. Around the sitting area. Also Lynn can host some of our items ...

  • GA Notes 11/13/11

    GA Notes 11-13-11 Facilitator: Keenan Announcements Jim ordered pizza from princess pizza for the GA Pete Kilroy (sp?) producer of Granito (film at cucalorus) expressed interest in showing a screening of his film and the proceeds help fundraise for the local occupy group He is allowing a member of occupy (Denny) to speak after the screening of his film this ...

  • GA Notes 11/12/11

    First Encampment GA! Facilitator: Keenen; Stack: Mary; Timekeeper: Mary Kate; Vibe Check: Brian; Scribe: Jenne Meeting called to order @4pm Next weeks facilitator: Mary Kate ANNOUNCEMENTS Denny gave a welcome to the 30+ people in attendance. Steve Lee presented legal advice borne from experience.  Informed the group that Ct. Osbourne of the Wilmington Police Department would be stopping by sometime during ...

  • GA notes 11/11/11

    Keenen facilitated, Brian took notes. Committee reports:Legal-a list of important numbers has been posted on the forum (i.e. city numbers, bail bondsmen). IT- we have WIFI for the livestream!!! Financial-the new Financial plan is postedon the forum and facebook.  Financial will bring committee needs to the GA for approval.  We also discussed the need to establish our own ...

  • Proposed GA Agenda 11/9/11

    PROPOSED GA AGENDA 11/9/11 Facilitator: Keenen. Vibes Watcher: volunteers?. Scribe: volunteers?? Time Keeper: volunteers??? Announcements (5-10 mins) Committee Reports (5-10 mins) Outreach? Creative? Encampment? IT? Media? Sanitation? Old Business: (20 mins) ?? New Business: (40 mins) Proposed Service Structure (Mary Kate) IT Communication System (Keenen or somebody else since i’m the facilitator. This is seperate from Mary Kates financial communication proposal) Proposal for speakers before the march (Kate Ortell) Soapbox:!

  • GA agenda items for 11/6 @ 3 pm

    send agenda items to stella on this site or direct message them to Roberta on FB. at this time have: finances, debrief Move Your Money Day demonstration. thanks

  • Newspaper needed

    please bring your newspapers to GA today, 11/6, for revolutionary puppets

  • GA Notes 11/4/11

    Facilitator: Roberta Notes: Roberta; reviewed, amended & posted: Susan There was a discussion of the BOA protest tomorrow. Denny said all permits are in place. In addition to what may have already been created, Kate has made some posters/flyers for members to take and disseminate. She is making handbills to be passed out at the protest. ...

  • GA Notes 11/3/11

    Facilitator: Roberta Stack: Susan Notes: Julie Timekeep: Denny Vibe Moderator: Roxanne Meeting started with a decision on how long to allow each issue. It was decided that for Old Business – 5 minutes each, Change on number of GA’s per week – 10 minutes, Black friday action – 10 minutes, Encampment Library – 2-5 minutes. Announcements Denny – fundraiser this weekend 4P-whenever ...

  • Proposed GA Agenda 11/3/11

    Facilitator: Roberta There are no items on the agenda at this time. If you have items please FB message me by 4 p.m. or bring them to the GA, 6 p.m. Greenfield Park Amphitheatre. Possible Agenda item, discussion of OWS

  • GA Notes – 11-02-11

    Facilitator: Roberta Vibes-Watcher: MK Timekeeper: Denny Scribe: Louise Roberta began the meeting with the news that NPR had not covered OccupyOakland, but with the happier news that a procession of servicemen and servicewomen supportive of OWS walking two by two were allowed through the barricade and onto Wall Street. Announcements: Vanessa brought up the UNCW Occupy Forum, ...

  • proposed ga agenda 11/2/11

    PROPOSED GA  AGENDA 11/2/11 (if you have corrections/additions please don’t post here because I am not going to be at my computer for the entire afternoon. please bring to GA instead, thanks) Facilitator: Roberta. Vibes Watcher: MK. Scribe: volunteers?? Time Keeper: volunteers??? Announcements (5-10 mins)   Committee Reports (5-10 mins) ▪ Outreach ▪ Creative Linda Old Business: (20 mins) Field Guide, consensus?? BOA demonstration ...

  • GA notes 10/31/11

    Happy Halloween! Roberta Facilitated and Denny was the time keeper.  Peter was the vibe watcher, keeping track of the overall feeling of the meeting and interjecting when needed. Angie made some awesome Halloween sugar cookies from scratch. Agenda: Committee reports, Status of Call to Action, Bank of America Saturday Protest, Forum at UNC-W and the Field Manual ...

  • GA Notes – 10/30/2011

    Facilitator: Denny Timekeeper: Ethan Announcements: Roxanne showed us the Board she had put together to introduce the group to new members, displaying hand signals, giving coming events, and allowing them to see what committees were available. She encouraged folks to sigh up for the working groups. - She also reminded us that the art contest is ...

  • GA notes 10/26/11

    Announcements: We have a nice Welcome board for those attending the meetings. Thank you Roxanne! It has every thing from and intro to who we are, a place to post needs and the list of committees and how to contact them. People can write on sticky notes and post directly to the board. We are in ...

  • GA Notes 10-25-11

    Facilitator: Denny We followed the format that worked so well last time, limiting announcements to 5 minutes each, committee reports to 10 and the stack items to varying lengths of time. And this time the meeting sped along even faster than last night, getting us through the planned ...

  • GA Notes 10-24-11

    Facilitator:  Denny Stacker and Timekeeper:  Joe Scribe:  Louise Jim made a list of committees/members which he handed out at the meeting and which is also available on both FB and the Occupy website. Denny went over the hand-signals.  We have been misusing the “point” signal.  It is actually for raising points of order (as when we get off track).  ...

  • GA Notes 10-23-11

    Faciliator:  Keenan Stack:  Ethan Present at the meeting as an attendee was Hayes, who has participated in OccupyAsheville. Announcements: Denny expressed his appreciation to the members of OWNC who als participated in the Zombie Walk – they had over 200 zombies including zombie bankers. Delthea announced that the Unitarian Universalists had, as an associaiton, expressed its support of the Occupy ...

  • GA Notes 10/22/11

    Facilitator: Zack Co-Facilitator: Donald Duck Stack: Jim Natale A long banner is being made and will be brought to the GA when ready for a flash mob (performance art). Sunset Park Elementary event to assemble greenhouse kit will be on 10/25/11 from 2-4pm. Denny volunteered to bring tools at yesterdays GA. Anybody else who has tools that may be ...

  • GA notes 10/21/11

    Denny facilitated. Announcements-A WePay link has been added to the website so we can accept donations.  Also, a DVD titled “Inside Job” is circulating.  It is about what lead up to the banking collapse.    A little side note, Denny is hosting a Zombie Walk and if you attend he suggests Corporate Zombie attire.  It would ...

  • GA Notes 10-17-11

    Facilitator – Mary Kate Co-Facilitator – Keenan Stack – I’m not exactly sure Announcements: IT-Angie announced that they have made it easier to upload/embed videos – there is now a “big red shiny button”. It was announced that 83 other countries have Occupy movements demonstrating in unison with us. It was announced that news program Democracy Now (viewable at democracynow.org) had ...

  • GA Notes – 10-15-11

    Facilitator – Delthea Stack – Ted – eventually Committee Reports: People are needed on all committees.  A sign up list will be put up on the occupywilmingtonnc.org website, or people can come to a General Assembly and contact people in the committee they would like to join.  We should also ascertain strengths and preferences of new members to ...

  • GA Notes – 10-14-11

    Facilitator – Sean Stack – (?) Announcements: Reminders of main topics from last week:  We agreed that anyone who wanted to could use the unofficial OWS demands to get talking points; Bank of America Protest tomorrow; We weren’t able to arrange for the temporary encampment on Castle Street;  We are going to bypass the temporary encampment and go ...

  • GA Notes 10-13-11

    Facilitator:  Denny Stack:  Joe Announcements OccupyWallStreet is being removed from their encampment on the pretext of cleaning the area but when they return they will not be allowed to have sleeping bags, tarps or to lie down.  They do have another encampment at Washington Park, and the community board at Liberty Plaza is going to support them.  There ...

  • GA Notes 10-12-2011

    By Betty Louise Horne in OCCUPY WILMINGTON NC GA Notes – 10-12-2011 6:00 pm  Greenfield Park Meeting duration:  1 1/2 hours by agreement Announcements: Status of the website.  It’s there but some tweaking is being done to make it work smoothly.  You can register now, you can register to add content.  Email address is occupyilm@gmail.com.  There will be a ...

  • GA Notes 10-10-11

    By Betty Louise Horne and Lucia Safran Messina in OCCUPY WILMINGTON NC Minutes – Occupation Wilmington NC General Assembly October 10, 2011    6:20 p.m.  GAs last 1 1/2 hours. Roxanne – Stackmeister Adam – Facilitator   Issue:  Where will we have our encampment?  This is an essential matter as the emcampment will be the most powerful symbol of the group.   Delthea ...

  • GA Notes 10-11-11

    By Betty Louise Horne in OCCUPY WILMINGTON NC Occupy Wilmington NC General Assembly October 11, 2011   6:00 p.m.  Meeting lasted 1 1/2 hours by agreement Stackmeister – ? Facilitator – Denny   Denny went over the “hand signals” for the General Assembly (jazz fingers for approval, hands down for disapproval, “so-so” hands that I have not seen anywhere before, ...